Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Name is Donna, but I'm Far from Donna Reed

The only thing Donna Reed and I have in common is our first name.

I don't vacuum wearing pearls, heels, a dress or any combination of the three.

When I vacuum at all, that is.

Fact is, I'm a slob. I've been this way for 46 years. It's not something I'm proud of, and I continually fantasize about what it would be like not to be a slob. To be able to walk around my bedroom without stepping over laundry piles. To be able to see the bottom of my kitchen sink. To be able to pick something up without raising a dust storm.

To this end, I've decided to put my fantasies into action. I'll also be blogging about my attempts to save money, find a second part-time job, get out of debt, raise two boys whom I hope will someday be contributing members of society, and anything else that strikes my fancy.

I may not be Donna Reed, but I can become a better housewife.

1 comment:

  1. You should try vacuuming in JUST pearls. You would get the vacuuming done very fast for fear that the mailman could be at your door at any moment.

    ReplyDelete